Cookie cake is a favorite recipe of many sweet-lovers who love to have this food as dessert in their regular meals. The homemade cookie cake recipe is perfectly fit for people with a restricted diet due to the healthy ingredients in the simple cooking procedure. Hence, this type of cake can be safely given to most patients, older people, and pregnant women.
Different types of cookie cake recipes are popular among familiar people, and one is discussed below.
The time needed for preparation – 15 minutes
Time required for baking – 20 minutes
Hence, the total time taken to make a cookie cake – is 35 minutes
Ingredients needed for cookie cake recipe:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of unsalted butter that is softened by beating
- ¼ cup of salted butter that is softened too
- 1 large-sized egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of table salt
- 2 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¾ cup of chocolate chips (usually bitter dark chocolate preferred)
- ½ cup of Rainbow sprinkles for decoration
- 1 cup of vanilla frosting
Preparation procedure for cookie cake recipe:
- Firstly, a dry mixture is created by adding flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar together in a bowl.
- The softened butter and sugars are thoroughly mixed in a separate bowl with an electric hand blender.
- Then, the egg contents and the vanilla extract are added to this blended mixture while beating it all the while to make it light and fluffy.
- This wet mixture is poured into the dry flour mixture to make a dough of suitable firmness.
- Some chocolate chips are folded within this dough and covered with a damp cloth.
- This dough is then refrigerated for at least 1 hour to bring it to a chilling cold temperature. It can also be left in the fridge for overnight.
- The dough is now removed from the refrigerator and left at room temperature for some time to make it softer.
- Now, a 9-10-inch nonstick cake pan is preheated in the microwave oven at 350 degrees F, on which the cookie cake is supposed to be baked.
- A parchment paper sheet is placed over the preheated pan on which the dough needs to be placed.
- The dough is pressed over the parchment paper in the heated pan, and more chocolate chips are spread over the dough. Rainbow sprinkles are added to the dough to decorate the cake.
- Finally, this dough is baked in the microwave oven for 20 – 25 minutes to prepare the cookie cake.
- Then, the cake is taken out of the oven and cooled for 15 minutes.
- Now, the vanilla frost is put into a piping bag, and a lining of frost is added to the edges of the cake before serving it.
Hence, a yummy cake is prepared following this easy cookie cake recipe with readily available ingredients.